KU Leuven ADCS
Price on request
The KU Leuven ADCS is an autonomous, highly accurate Attitude Determination and Control system for CubeSats up to 12U. The ADCS has a PC104 format (91x96mm) and is 0.5U high (50mm). It contains a set of sensors, including a highly accurate star tracker, 3 reaction wheels and 3 magnetorquers. The system can easily be integrated with any spacecraft bus.
Availability: 16 weeks
- Product properties
- Compact system (91x96x50 mm)
- Highly accurate (arc minute range) pointing performance
- Highly accurate (arc second range) pointing knowledge
- Wide variety of autonomous pointing modes (Sun, Zenith, Nadir, LLA, inertial, etc.)
- Redundant control laws
- Very thorough testing campaign (part of an ESA IOD mission)
- Low power consumption
- Easy to use TMTC interface software included.
- +5V and +3.3V required
- 91x96x50mm (with indentation channel to facilitate harnessing)
- I2C or CAN available
- Orbit propagator included
- Autonomous Zenith, Nadir, LLA, Sun, Inertial, etc. pointing
- 30mm diameter star tracker aperture
- thoroughly tested: Vibration, TVac, RW lifetime, electronics radiation, etc.
Calculated for a 3U CubeSat in a 600 km sun synchronous orbit:
- Pointing accuracy (1 sigma) <0.1 deg.
- Pointing knowledge (1 sigma) <10 arcsec cross boresight, <50 arcsec along the star tracker roll axis
- Nominal power consumption < 1400 mW
ADCS with 3 reaction wheels, 3 magnetorquers, a star tracker, 3 gyroscopes, 3 (external) magnetometers and connection for 6 photodiodes.