Gen 1: CubeWheel Medium
CubeWheel is a family of reliable and easy-to-integrate satellite reaction wheel that comes in small, small+, medium, and large sizes. It includes a highly balanced flywheel disc, a brushless electrical motor, an electronic driver, and a microcontroller circuit. The wheels can be given a speed reference command through I2C, UART, or CAN.
Download our brochure here for more detailed specifications.
Lead time: 12 weeks
- Each wheel is mountable on its small or large face, enabling the option to mount the wheel in all axes of your satellite.
- CubeWheel can operate at a wide range of voltages between 6.5V and 16V.
- Four available sizes meet the typical CubeSat ADCS needs ranging from 2 CubeSat up to a 20kg satellite.
- CubeWheels are designed modular, with shared electronics design between all sizes of its wheels.
- Each reaction wheel is individually balanced to reduce vibration.
- All wheels provide a durable and reliable mounting interface under vibration.
- Comes with all driving and interfacing electronics integrated into a complete package.
|Speed Range [RPM]||±6000|
|Max Momentum [mNms]||10.8|
|Max Torque [mNm]||1|
|Static Imbalance [g-cm]||<0.004|
|Dynamic Imbalance [g-cm²]||<0.0014|
|Operating Temperature [°C]||-10 to 60|
|Power & Data|
|Supply Voltage||3.3V & 6.4 – 16V|
|Average Power [mW]||190|
|Peak Power [mW]||2.3|