Tensor Tech FSS-15 Fine Sun Sensor
FSS-15 is a minimized fine sun sensor with a high cost-performance ratio. It is designed to be mass-produced with stable quality. Moreover, a microcontroller is embedded in the FSS-15 for tabulated correction using an error table.
Therefore, the user can directly access the sun angles from digital interfaces. I2C and UART are two standard communication interfaces. For the error table, every FSS-15 has a unique one, which will be measured before the shipment of the product to the user. For less strict performance requirements, Tensor Tech also offers a coarse sun sensor: CSS-10.
- Digital-type Fine Sun Sensor
- Pointing error: 0.1 deg (1 sigma)
- Embedded firmware for radiation-caused transient error detection and recovery
- Official website – Tensor Tech CO., LTD.
- ADCS Series – Integrated Attitude Determination and Control Systems
- CMG Series – Control Moment Gyroscope
- Fine & Coarse Sun Sensor
- ADCS Testbed
|Field of view (FOV)|
|± 60 deg; 45 deg for optimal performance|
|± 0.1 deg with 45 deg FOV (1-sigma)
± 0.5 deg with 60 deg FOV (1-sigma)
|2, 4, 8, and 16 Hz adjustable by the user|
|Power consumption @ sampling
|< 2 mA|
|Power require @ IDLE||< 0.5 mA|
|Mechanical||22:00 x 15.00 x 5.26 mm (< 4g)|
|> 10 krad|
|1²C and UART (adjustable)|