Gen 2: CubeWheel (CW00162)
A range of robust reaction wheels with built-in driver and interface electronics. It has improved vibration tolerance to withstand demanding mission requirements. We achieve this robust design through high-load space-rated bearings coupled with precision balancing. Integrated into each wheel is a radiation-tolerant electronic drive circuit and speed controller. The ease of use, together with the robust design, makes our CubeWheel the perfect wheel for satellites with strict requirements and reliability.
Download our brochure here for more detailed specifications.
- Robust mechanics
- Magnetically shielded with internal mu-metal shielding
- Integrated drive electronics
- Gen2 common node design with in-orbit programmability
- Robust mounting with threaded holes and steel coil inserts
Depending on the application, a satellite may benefit from either 3 wheels mounted orthogonally, or 4 wheels in a pyramid configuration.
Typical use cases:
- 3 wheels – Nadir, sun and inertial pointing
- 4 wheels – Target tracking and fast slew manoeuvres.
Prices for Pyramid Configurations:
- CubeWheel CW0017: $21 730,00
- CubeWheel CW0057: $30 080,00
- CubeWheel CW0162: $37 200,00
Despite its robust nature, each wheel is balanced to perfection to enable high precision and stability ADCS systems.
|Nominal Motor Supply Voltage||12|
|Max Speed [RPM]||10000|
|Momentum @ 6000 RPM [mNms]||16.2|
|Saturation Torque [mNm]||7|
|Dimensions [WxHxL] [mm]||46x24x46|
|Power & Data|
**I2C available for custom solutions
|Connector||Molex Micro-Lock Plus TBD|
|Digital Supply Voltage [V]||3.3|
|Motor Supply Voltage Range [V]||6.4-16.8|
|Average Power [2000 rpm] [mW]||336|
|Peak Power [Max Torque]||16.5 W|
|Random Vibration||14.16 RMS (NASA GEVS)|
|Thermal vacuum [°C]||-20 to 80|
|Thermal cold and hot start [°C]||-35 to 70|