Solar MEMS Technologies S.L. is a technology-based company specialized in the Micro Electro Mechanical System technology (MEMS) and its application to the Space industry. It was created in 2009 as a spin-off of the School of Engineering, University of Seville (Spain). It is focused on the design, development and commercialization of sun sensors for high technology applications, like research, satellites or solar power generation.
It has a highly qualified team with a wide experience in design, research and development of space projects: its staff consists of PhDs, senior engineers and technicians.
SMT offers its engineering and R&D services for custom electronic designs, including integration processes and development of new technologies for space applications. SMT expertise is comprised of:
– High accurate sun sensor development and calibration.
– Design and manufacturing of ADCS solutions.
– Nano/Pico satellite platform design and space projects management.
– MEMS technologies for space applications.
– Space hardware and software development, including electrical and mechanical custom designs.
– Integrated solutions and interfaces adaptation, including design and implementation of power subsystems, signal detection, conditioning and processing stages, communication interfaces and monitoring systems.
Solar MEMS has been established as one of the main sun sensor providers for nanosat and microsat missions in the space industry and maintains a consolidated position, with customers all over the world: USA, Europe China and Japan, and more than 100 flight model sensors delivered (2016).